Recent studies shows that high blood pressure can be lowered by The DASH Diet plan and also by reducing salt intake (sodium). The DASH plan has other benefits such as lowering the LDL (bad cholesterol), which lower blood pressure, It can reduce your risk of heart disease. Each method only reduces blood pressure, but the combination of diet plan and reduced sodium intake gives the greatest benefit and prevents the development of hypertension.
1 – Low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
2 – Rich in fruits, vegetables and non-fat milk or low fat dairy products.
3 – Including whole grains, fish, poultry, and nuts.
4 – Low in lean red meat, sweets, added sugars, and beverages containing sugar against the typical American diet.
5 – Rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, protein and fiber (nutrients that are supposed to lower blood pressure).
Daily nutritional goals of the diet DASH (for a plan of 2,100 calories):
– Fat: 27% of calories .
– Saturated Fat: 6% of calories .
– Protein: 18% of calories .
– Carbohydrates: 55% of calories .
– Cholesterol: 150 mg .
Sodium -: 2300 mg. The plan offers two levels of daily sodium 2300 and 1500 milligrams per day. 2300 milligrams above the acceptable level by the National High Blood Pressure Education Program. 1500 mg can lower blood pressure further and, more recently, is more than an adequate and recommended that most people should try to achieve. Plus your salt intake, the lower your blood pressure. Studies have found that the DASH menus containing 2,300 milligrams of sodium can reduce blood pressure and an even lower level of sodium, 1,500 milligrams, may also reduce blood pressure. salt intake in progress in the United States is 4,200 milligrams per day for adult men and 3,300 milligrams per day for adult women.
– Potassium: 4700 mg
– Calcium: 1250 mg
– Magnesium: 500 mg
– Fiber: 30 g
You can lose weight by following the DASH diet to lower levels of calories with increased physical activity. The best way to lose weight is to do it gradually, more physical activity and a balanced diet that is low in calories and fat.
Physical activity can be done only once for 30 minutes or less 10 minutes 3 times each, for a total of 30 minutes
The DASH diet can be adopted to promote weight loss. It is rich in foods that are low in calories, like fruits and vegetables. You can do more by substituting low-calorie foods in calories such as sweets with more fruits and vegetables and also it will be easier for you to achieve your goals . Here are a few:
1 – To increase the fruits: Eat a medium apple instead of four biscuits. You’ll save 80 calories. Eat 1 / 4 cup dried apricots instead of a 2-ounce bag of pork rinds. You’ll save 230 calories.
2 – To increase the vegetables: a burger is 3 ounces of meat instead of 6 ounces Add a 1/2-cup serving of carrots and a 1/2-cup serving of spinach. You will save over 200 calories. Instead of 5 ounces of chicken, jumped with 2 ounces of chicken and 11 / 2 cups of raw vegetables. Use a small amount of vegetable oil. You’ll save 50 calories.
3 – To increase dairy fat or low fat: Having a 1/2-cup serving of low fat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream 1/2-cup serving of whole milk. You’ll save about 70 calories.
4 – Other calorie-saving tips:
– Use fat-free condiments or low fat. Use half vegetable oil a lot, soft or liquid margarine, mayonnaise or salad dressing, or choose low-fat versions or fat-free. Eat smaller portions and gradually reduce. Choose fat-free milk or low fat dairy products. Check food labels to compare fat content in packaged foods and points scored fat free or low fat is not always lower in calories than their regular versions. Limit foods with lots of added sugar, such as pies, flavored yogurts, candy, ice cream, sorbets, soft drinks and fruit drinks.
– Eat fruits canned in juice or water. Add fruit to fat-free yogurt or low fat plain. Snack on fruit, vegetable sticks, unbuttered popcorn and unsalted, or rice cakes. Drink water or club soda and a twist of lemon or lime.