Treatment of high blood pressure always start with non-drug methods, this diet, avoiding alcohol and regular exercise. Diet for high blood pressure is very important, because every extra kilogram increase the pressure by 1 mm Hg. of Art.
The principles of diet:
– Most importantly – to limit the amount of salt (up to 5 grams per day), because salt retains water in the body, which leads to increased blood pressure.
– Avoid sodium-rich foods – smoked meats, canned goods, chips and the like.
– Reduce intake of carbohydrates – sugar, jam, honey, candy.
– Eat more fruits and vegetables, they contain potassium, which lowers blood pressure. Especially rich in potassium baked potatoes, bananas, tomatoes.
– Should be included in the diet crisp oatmeal – oatmeal, buckwheat, millet.
In mild cases, diet for hypertension – is a sufficient measure to normalize blood pressure.